Whether you know exactly what ICO means or how blockchain works, or still struggle with the differences between Bitcoin and Ethereum (or fall somewhere in between), you’re invited to attend our next live #ExpertChat on Friday, Sept 8th.
According to the Economist, the market value for crypto-currencies has tripled since the start of this year reaching $60 billion as of May. The sector is constantly evolving, so we’re covering a lot of bases in this event. Emerging markets are particular ripe for development with this disruptive technology, as reported by our own Gavin Serkin (Five Countries Where Cryptocurrencies Are Seriously Taking Hold).
Hosted by Editorial Director Gavin Serkin on Friday, Sept. 8, our panel will include:
- Werner van Rooyen, head of Business Development and Marketing at Luno, the oldest and largest Bitcoin platform in Africa, with a presence in Africa, Southeast Asia and Europe.
- Anish Mohammed, former lead security architect for Blockchain initiatives at HSBC and Chief Science Officer for Blockchainsmokers, which connects startups with blockchain technology
- Vanessa Grellet, Executive Director of ConsenSys, which uses Blockchain technology to push for people empowerment and decentralized governance
- Brian Iselin, president of slavefreetrade.org, which uses Blockchain-type technology to monitor trade supply chains for links to slavery
- Federico Ast, founder of Crowdjury, a Blockchain-based decentralized justice system
Registered attendees will learn
- Which countries are leading the way in cryptocurrencies and bitcoin applications — and how to get involved!
- The differing attitudes of regulators around the world
- How this technology is REALLY going to become disruptive as it matures
The discussion begins at 11:30am in New York / 4:30pm in London