Blog author Gavin Serkin is the Editorial Director for OnFrontiers and the Founder and Managing Editor of the Frontier Funds Consultancy.
It’s the app that defines our time. But how exactly does Uber think? How does the company view the challenges and opportunities in Africa?
These are just some of your questions that we’ll be putting to Uber’s General Manager for Africa Alon Lits at our debut OnFrontiers #ExpertChat online forum this Tuesday April 4th at 11:30am in New York / 4:30pm in London. Click here to register and don’t forget to post your questions:
Discussion topics so far:
• East Vs. West: Comparing business in Kenya and Nigeria
• Where next? New countries on Uber’s itinerary
• Drivers Vs. Passengers: When are fares fair?
• Our mobile world: What innovations excite Uber in Africa?
• Protection racket: How safe is Uber’s store of our residence and payment data?
• Uber Eats: What else can it do?
• Competitive threat? Afro, Easy Taxi, Oga Taxi, Maramoja, Mondo Ride, Ride, Taxify
• Uberology: What will the company look like five years from now?
ONFRONTIERS LIVE ONLINE DISCUSSION
|Who?||Alon Lits, Uber Sub-Saharan Africa General Manager|
|What?||Half-hour live online discussion|
|Why?||Get the inside track on the world’s most transformative company|
|When?||Tuesday, April 4th, 11:30am-noon in NYC; 4:30-5pm in London|
Coming next on OnFrontiers #ExpertChat live online discussions:
One man building the first industrial scale solar fields in Africa: Christian Wray, Founder & CEO of JCM Power
“Wall Street’s new global thinker,” as Barron’s front-page described him: Ruchir Sharma, Head of Emerging Markets & Chief Global Strategist at Morgan Stanley Investment Management
Featured image by Flickr user Nucleo Editorial.