Blog author Gavin Serkin is the Editorial Director for OnFrontiers and the Founder and Managing Editor of the Frontier Funds Consultancy.
Where does Trump’s climate-change skepticism leave renewable power projects? And why are African utilities so resistant to buying solar and wind generated power?
These are some of your questions that we’ll be putting to Christian Wray, co-Founder and Chief Executive of JCM Power, the Canadian firm that has developed over 70 renewable energy projects across Africa and Latin America, and Jake Cusack, co-Founder and Managing Partner of Crossboundary, which recently created the first dedicated investment fund for commercial and industrial-scale solar in Africa.
Join our #ExpertChat online this Tuesday (April 18) at 11:30am in New York / 4:30pm in London. Register and post your questions here:
Discussion topics so far:
- Frontier’s funding challenge: 101 on raising capital for renewable projects
- Businessential models: what works, what doesn’t in financing solar?
- Case study: Sub-Saharan Africa’s funding challenge
- Utilities & ministries: Tricks to engage a nation in development
- No guarantees: Is financing possible without government backing?
- Age-old enemies: Corruption, bureaucracy and how to handle them
- 24/7: Hybrid solutions for continuous power supply & better storage
- Panel talks panels: Sourcing solar kits locally
- Changing power distribution: Policy readiness in the developing world
- Power pools: regional cooperation & multilateral projects
- Solar powered investments: Start-up insights
- Your planet needs you! Ways to get involved in renewable projects
JOIN ONFRONTIERS #EXPERTCHAT LIVE DISCUSSION
|Who?||Christian Wray, the co-Founder and Chief Executive of JCM Power
Jake Cusack, the co-Founder and Managing Partner of Crossboundary
Moderator: Gavin Serkin, Editorial Director of OnFrontiers & Founder of Frontier Funds
|What?||Half-hour live discussion|
|Why?||Find out how global politics is shaping renewable energy projects in Africa, Latin America & beyond|
|When?||Tuesday, April 18th
11:30am-noon in NYC
4:30pm-5 in London
Coming next on OnFrontiers #ExpertChat live discussions:
May 2 at 11:30am EST and 4:30pm BST
“Wall Street’s new global thinker,” as Barron’s front-page described him: Ruchir Sharma, Head of Emerging Markets & Chief Global Strategist at Morgan Stanley Investment Management