The ability for communities to recover from unforeseen shocks and stress is significantly handicapped without an engaged private sector. Globally, the declarations of natural, human-made and technological disasters has grown in frequency in the last decade. In the United States alone, there were nearly 2,000 major disaster declarations in the last ten years.
How does the private sector prepare for unforeseen disruptions and how do they view their role in recovery? While we know what triggers a public sector response, there is limited discussion of what triggers the private sector to respond and how. In a conversation between Michael Berkowitz, President of 100 Resilient Cities and Kellie Bentz, the Head of Global Disaster Response & Relief for Airbnb, we’ll dig into these questions.
Registered participants for this webinar will learn about:
- Trends and innovations in private sector preparedness and responsiveness
- 3+ tools and strategies that Airbnb deploy to respond to global disasters
- Strategies for leveraging the private sector as key actors in resilience and recovery
Reaching Resilience With the Private Sector: An Airbnb Case Study
- A live webinar with Q&A based on registered view questions
- Tuesday, July 12, 2017 starting at 1:30pm (ET)
- To learn about trends within the private sector to respond to disasters;
- How Airbnb manages its aid response to disasters
- How to engage with the private sector to bolster resilience and recovery efforts