Start-up looking for a PRODUCT DEVELOPER / CTO
Must be passionate about social impact, data, frontier markets
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Launched in 2014, OnFrontiers is a global expert network and research firm based in New York. Our mission is to bring seamless global connectivity to the development sphere. A wealth of knowledge exists in the least developed corners of the world, but is dispersed across thousands of professionals whose expertise is underutilized. We help our clients achieve greater impact by connecting them with leading sources of local intelligence through VOIP and phone consultations, virtual meetings, webinars and other services.
OnFrontiers is a for-profit company that works with development agencies, investors and multinational organizations. We help clients find higher quality local intelligence faster and at a lower cost, while helping local professionals monetize their skills and knowledge. Our first service is connecting clients directly to professionals across developing markets through one-to-one calls. But this is just the beginning: we have several services in the pipeline, and we need a visionary yet execution-focused Product Development Lead to be the architect of our digital footprint. Learn more at www.onfrontiers.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Product Development Lead who is passionate about social impact and developing markets and who will put the same amount of energy and dedication into OnFrontiers that our founding team does. We’re a small team so you will immediately take on a leadership role within the start-up and play a crucial role in the development and growth of the company. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop the architecture underlying OnFrontiers’ service delivery to clients and Advisors
- Oversee design and user testing for OnFrontiers v2.0 web platform
- Enhance applications and features that enhance our sales, marketing, client service, advisor recruiting, and administrative processes
- Direct all internal and contracted software development activities of the company
- Represent the company with investors, technologists, clients, and at conferences
- Join a funded early stage start-up
- Be part of the leadership team driving growth
- Participate in future upside with an equity stake
The ideal candidate should be able to “skate where the puck is going to be, not where it has been.” We need a visionary Product Development Lead with fresh ideas about the solutions we can offer to our clients whether they’re a large development financial institution, a hedge fund or a small NGO – and the capacity to execute on those ideas.
We seek applicants with a versatile web development background and eagerness to take on ownership and help expand the OnFrontiers’ business as an early team member.
- Experience in development methodology that is consistent with a startup: iterative software development, understanding the importance of pivoting, and being able to manage and grow and modify the team makeup according to business requirements
- A solid foundation in software design with strong competencies in data structures, database design, data mining, and network design
- Experience with big data / NoSQL databases for gathering and analyzing user behavior.
- Possess keen insight on how to create meaningful analytics from data collected
- Experience with iOS software development
- Ability to direct / lead an offshore development team
- Ability to create a technology roadmap, implement milestones, and produce periodic reports showing progress
- Ability to interact with investors as well as the media to best reflect the goals and mission of the company
- Experience in web technology and ability to understand user experience to grow the company’s online presence
- Technical knowledge may include:iOS (Objective-C), web development languages (PHP, RoR, Java/jsp, or .NET), database (NoSQL preferred, like: MongoDB, CouchDB, Jackrabbit, etc), HTML5, Android SDK.
ABOUT OUR PROGRESS
- We launched in January 2014 and work with clients including the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), Rockefeller Foundation, Dalberg Global Advisors, the investment arms of the Dutch and Danish governments, and various impact investors based in the US and Europe
- Early stage investors include a Stanford Venture fund and other private investors who are strategically important to the growth of On Frontiers
- Over the last 11 months we have built out our Advisor network across 16 markets in Sub Saharan African, Asia and Latin America
- The Advisor network is high quality (average work experience > 15 years in senior management levels) and rapidly expanding. We aim to build comprehensive coverage of developing markets over the next three years
- We capitalize on many of these markets coming online recently, enabling us to build our Advisor platform more easily, and conduct VOIP consultations
- Our team is headquartered in New York with local leads across key markets
WANT TO APPLY?
Want more information? Email Brian Caouette at firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Brian and include a couple lines on why you are interested. Please include “Product Development Lead” in the subject line of your email.
Deadline: Open until filled
We can’t wait to hear from you!